My Childhood

Growing up in a small town means that you know everyone and everyone knows you. Looking back, I am happy to be born and raised in Fernie, BC. Would I ever live in a small town again… debatable.

There are many memories that filter my mind when I think of Fernie. My innocent primary years… My rebellious teens… All which have shaped my into who I am today.

As a young girl I always admired my babysitters and always look forward to the days I got to be one. It was also at a young age (12) that I began to help teach Canskate (learning to skate program). It was through these experiences that I began to fall in love with helping children and being a role model for them. I knew the minute I entered into high school that I wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher. I connected well with passionate teachers and envisioned myself being as passionate as them one day. Since graduating high school my family and I moved out of small town Fernie, BC (thank goodness) and into a lovely city that I now call home, Kamloops BC.

My Adult Life so far….

Since moving to Kamloops I have increased my passion to become a teacher by volunteering in numerous places (Big Little Science Centre, Big Brother Big Sisters, Marion Schilling Elementary School). I also volunteered abroad in 2017 in Fiji! Volunteering abroad opened my eyes and allowed me to take back many treasured memories.

I am currently in my last year of my undergrad studies at Thompson Rivers University (woohoo!). In June 2019 I will graduate with a Bachelor of General Studies – concentration in physical geography –  as well as an Aboriginal Studies Certificate.

Next –  Completely my Bachelor of Education and Thompson Rivers University, starting in the fall 2019.

Outside of school I love to play soccer, lounge in the sun and enjoy a good glass of cider. I also love to travel and learn about different cultures, but that is not in the student budget!